219 Fenwick Road, Giffnock G46 6JD
Here's me admitting I was wrong to hold back that extra star from BRGR. I was pretty skeptical when it first opened as I didn't expect to like it, but I did (4-stars worth of love, in fact). But now I've been 4 times and I have to admit that I am a bit in love with BRGR.
1. The burgers are so cheap. £4 burgers Monday - Friday and just £5 on the weekend. I've now tried the chicken bacon cheese and the cheeseburger, and they were both awesome. In fact, the chicken burger almost has too much chicken on it (what a thing to complain about) - I tend to take off one of the fillets of chicken and eat that separately.
2. But they are also really good burgers. I mean, I could get a cheap burger somewhere else and it could taste like rubbish. I've tried a few burgers here now and they are consistently tasty and properly fresh cooked.
3. Staff. They are all proper friendly and welcoming, and manage to run the place calmly even when it's pretty manic and busy.
4. Sides. Ok, I wasn't won over by the wings when I first had them but since then I've tried the poutine (yes) and mac cheese (oh yes) and really enjoyed both of them.
5. Drinks. They could easily mark-up the drinks to cover the cheap burgers but cans are £1 and the booze is reasonable too. I've ever had a nice rosé here.
6. Lunch burgers. Ok, they open at midday during the week. I work from home about 5 minutes drive away. I haven't been for lunch burgers YET because I feel like this is a slippery slope to burger-related-heart-disease. But it might happen soon.
7. And finally - delivery. They told me last week that they're hoping to start delivering by the end of the month. See point 6. I will try to resist this for as long as possible.
So yeh, I am pretty in love with BRGR. We recently popped in for a mid-afternoon snack (Graeme managed to distract me from going for a lazy Maccas drive through) and our meal for two was £10. Amazing. See you soon, BRGR.